Saturday, August 4, 2012

Playing Catch Up

It's been 16 months since Viktor (aka Bubba) was born. Since we're playing catch up here I thought this would be the easiest most efficient way of doing so. With that said....I introduce you to our son's first year...




Some of the hi-lights were...

  • That overwhelming instantaneous love you suddenly feel as soon as your child is born. WOW!
  • Snuggling....lots of snuggling & thankfully he's still great at it!
  • I (mama) managed to get peed on, pooped on & spit-up on on a regular basis. I guess that's what happens when you're new at this whole parenting thing.
  • After the first month he slept through the whole night & never looked back. Man, did we make out good!
  • I never thought I would be rooting for my son to do a "simple" task like rolling over or lifting his head up. What a feeling it is to watch him accomplish it.
  • Quickly learned that a child's laugh, especially your own, really is the best sound ever. 
  • Music really can be pure entertainment & when people say, "you dance like a white boy"....we get it now.
  • A shared love of "vroom-vrooms", aka motorcycles (insert wide eyed little boy & lots of pointing).
  • "Cheese Face" is the best face.
  • Sloppy open mouthed kisses. A little baby slime never hurt anyone. 

I could just go on and on. There were so many little things that happened this first year (good and bad), and many milestones that have made it a year for the books. With being new parents there were a lot challenges for us and even more amazing things that have changed are lives forever. The biggie of course being Viktor himself. 

I used to think that if I had the opportunity I would go back in time and take a few moments out and maybe put in a few that could have happened but didn't for whatever reasons. But the more I think about it and look back on that first year....

I wouldn't a change thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment