Thursday, August 1, 2013

So.....now what?

I am 31 today.
 

I cried over a stupid Monsters Inc picture last night (in my defense it was SO freakin' cute!) and I was in bed before 10pm. I also keep finding grey hairs and I'm pretty sure I've gotten more wrinkles around my eyes just within the past couple months. *sigh* Apparently I have turned into an old woman before I would even consider myself "old". So....now what?

I feel my body and mind falling apart. I'm already falling asleep on the couch in the middle of watching my favorite TV shows and it's usually around 9pm. I have to (or at least I should for the sake of others) watch what I eat otherwise I'll gas out an entire room (even the cat leaves and that's impressive). I forget things. Like the hubby just told me something 10 minutes ago and I can't remember what it was...forget. This happens all the time and just ask the hubby....it's annoying and frustrating.

"Such is life" I suppose. Or here's one even better, "Life is what you make of it." Makes sense. Or how about this one, "FUCK IT". (That's my personal favorite.)

There are so many things that happened during year 3.0, good and bad, but I don't want to reminisce about all the bad stuff and I certainly don't want to keep dwelling on my bodily functions, etc. (I'll spare you all from that nonsense.) So instead, I'm going to hi-light my top 10 HAPPY Moments for year 3.0 to say....farewell.

*Disclosure....these are in order by date they occurred. I'm not choosing favorites here.*

Happy Moment #1 - My best friend's little boy turned 1. We celebrated with them and a butt ton of their friends and family. Can I just say, she knows how to throw a party and keep 10+ littles happy as clams. Kudos to you girl.

Happy Moment #2 - Celebrated 8 years of marriage to my one and only. We've been through some rocky moments but have so many more good ones that negate everything else. We don't usually do much to celebrate our anniversary. It's mostly just due to lack of funds, but even so, he still manages to do something sweet just to let me know that he remembers. Here's to many more bumpy roads ahead and wonderful happy memories to negate them all!

Happy Moment #3 - RUSH Concert with the hubby. First time I've ever seen them live and it was AWESOME!!! I even enjoyed the ride back listening to my brother-in-law and his friend talk about who knows what. (They had one too many that night.)

Happy Moment #4 - Trip to Paraguay! Bubba and I went with Mimi to Paraguay for 2 whole weeks visiting The Howdy's (aka my sister, brother-in-law and their 4 kids). *Side note....they have Howdy #6 due to make their grand appearance in January. I can't wait!* This was my third time traveling overseas to Paraguay but Bubba's first and he did great. Slept the entire overnight flight we had. Mimi and Mommy not so much.

Happy Moment #5 - Saw Breaking Dawn Part 2 in SPANISH! Got to see this with my sister while in Paraguay so it wasn't my choice to see it in spanish, it just happened that way, but it was certainly an adventure.

Happy Moment #6 - Met a really cool couple that are just as big of metal heads as the hubby is. He was in heaven to say the least.

Happy Moment #7 - Celebrated Bubba's second birthday with family and close friends. I still can't believe I have a 2 year old. STOP GROWING!!!! (You're still my baby and always will be my baby.)

Happy Moment #8 - My brother-in-law FINALLY popped the question to his very long time girlfriend (8+ years). We've been hassling him for years and our persistence paid off. Not really. We really had absolutely nothing to do with it. The time was right for him and we couldn't be happier. I can now officially say my sister-in-law. Officially. Congrats you guys!!!!

Happy Moment #9 - I enjoyed a one week stay-cation with my little man. We snuggled so much. Played so hard. Took naps together. Tried some new fun things. Watched classic Disney movies and made some great new memories together.
(¯`v´¯)
.`•.¸.•´ ★
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨¯`* ♥

Happy Moment #10 - My cousin spoke the famous "I Do's"...finally. It poured right before the wedding was supposed to start and yes, it was an outside affair. Some were saying that's a bad sign but I say if you can just roll with the punches and still celebrate your new life together even with a little glitch like rain then there's no bad omen. (And you know what....it stopped raining right before the ceremony started and the sun came out hot and fierce. So take that nay-sayers!)


So farewell 3.0. You were a pretty good year but I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to see what year 31 has in store for me. So bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment